Benefits of Back-To-Base versus Self MonitoringAustralia Home & Business Security
- SMS/text messages are not designed for security functions – there are often long delays before ‘packets’ of data can be sent.
- If an intruder sets off your monitored alarm system, you may be on the phone, your mobile may well be out of range, switched off, or batteries run down. Our monitoring centre “Onwatch”, however is staffed 24 hours a day.
- The time when back-to-base monitoring is most important is in a ‘home robbery’ situation, when you can activate your ‘panic’ button alerting security officers that you’re in a personal at risk situation. This function operates even when your alarm is switched off. Doing this with a self monitored mobile alarm is useless as the mobile is most probably at home with you.
- If your alarm system goes faulty it will report the fault via the telephone line to the monitoring station, which will then be aware of the specific fault and contact you to rectify the problem. If your alarm system is not monitored you will not know. Mobile phones cannot identify a fault signal.
- Monitoring centre security officers are able to identify the exact alarm point, and also know if multiple alarms have occurred (meaning that it’s almost certain that an intruder is moving around within the premises). Your mobile phone cannot access this important information.
- Licensed security officers can quickly notify appropriate emergency response authorities, and will follow through and resolve in accordance with your pre-determined instructions.
- If your monitored alarm system has smoke sensors connected, your mobile phone will not be able to identify a smoke alarm (which obviously requires a different and most urgent response)
- If you’ve installed a security system because you’re serious about your personal and business security. Then let us show you how we can provide you with these services through using “Onwatch’s” Australian Standards certified alarm monitoring centre which has trained and licensed officers on duty to quickly receive and respond to your alarm for as little as a dollar a day.
The above reasons are just some why back-to-base monitoring is an affordable and essential service for everyone concerned about family and business security. Choosing a she’ll be right option of trying to self-monitor your alarm is likely to prove a very poor decision when you really need security. As most people including neighbours these days ignore alarms as they just don’t want to get involved.
Back-to-base security alarm monitoring and response is a job for licensed security professionals.